Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween and an Age Old Question

Cassius is Aquaman, Camille is Elsa from Frozen, Corrie is Anna, which makes me, who cares very little about Halloween in general, Kristoff, Anna's love interest from Frozen. Super cool.

Also, I was thinking about Halloween monsters. Are you Team Vampire or Team Werewolf?

I tend towards team werewolf, and maybe later I'll explicate my theory about these monsters. Because nothing is more interesting than a long-winded breakdown of pros and cons concerning fictional characters...

It's boring even to write it.

I never saw the Twilight movies, but back in 2010 Corrie babysat my coworker's kids and the elder of the two, the daughter, had the trio watch one of the Twilight films, the one with the werewolves. Corrie came out of it, like, "Ooh, I'm team werewolf, for sure!" Having no idea what she talking about specifically (hot hairy tan boy versus hot pale goth boy), I was like, "Of course! Team werewolf is where it's at. They don't live forever, they're tragic in that thy can't control themselves, but it can be kinda safe in that it's once a month and be planned for..."

She said, "Uhh, sure honey."

We've been watching the Hammer horror movies and showing them to Cass. Well, I guess "them" isn't accurate, because so far it was only the Mummy ('59). He paid attention the whole time, which was pretty cool. Also, just saying, holy heck Christopher Lee as the decrepit old mummy was fantastic with his eyes and halting body language. That guy was a total professional.

Anyway, Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I read the Twilight books they were stupid, I also read the True Blood books they were dumb but had sex. I do believe that the immortality of the Vampires has an appeal but if you don't "turn" everyone in your family you are alone once everyone passes on. Wolves on the other hand could be an interesting idea. Choosing from the movies, from Twilight Team Wolf, from True Blood, Team Eric vampire. Alcide the wolf was hubba hubba, the rest not so much.

    ReplyDelete