Thursday, October 12, 2023

Sea Goat?

I was today year's old when I learned about Capricorn. I noticed a bizarre image on some printed material. I thought it was a hilarious fail by the printer, but it had the zodiac name "Capricorn" printed over it, or under it, looking silly like this:


I was born in April, making me an Ares. My brother is a Taurus. Ares is a ram, Taurus a bull. Cancer is a crab, Libra is a scale...I think...my knowledge of astrological entities is limited. Rams and bulls are easy to think wrap your head around. But...WTF is up with Capricorn?

Is it...half goat and half...fish? 

The answer is emphatically YES. It's the sea goat. I looked it up. The Greeks tried to work this sea-goat entity into their zodiac, it being a remnant of the Babylonian representation of Enki one of their gods. A holdover, if you will.

I never knew that Capricorn is a mer-goat. WHERE HAVE I BEEN? Maybe this is silly and obvious to most people, but I'm not most people...?

It made it onto coins?!?


I love how weird this world can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment