Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Foolin': Happy Birthday Tony!

April 1st marks the classic April Fool's Day "holiday", a day when for me the idea of pranks always seemed cooler than actually doing anything. I would get caught up in trying to plan out elaborate pranks to pull on the entirety of Lichen Elementary, but of course that kind of nonsense would take months of planning and of course I would start thinking about it while walking to school on April Fool's Day, not many people were ever really pranked by me.

But since I met Anthony Formosa April 1st has taken on a new meaning, as 4/1 is the birthday of my friend Tony. Tony is one of me best friends, a finalist for my best-man, and in some strange ways I used to feel like he was a Sicilian version of me, or I was an Irish version of him.

Entire conversations we would have while working at Hudson's were conducted in a mumbly sound-blur, understood by probably only the two of us and our roommate Ryan in the entire world. Our boss Dave would just shake his head, "I couldn't understand a single damn word..."

Happy Birthday Tony! Maybe next time I'll allot more time to this kind of entry and come up with a better anecdote...

Love you, bro.


No comments:

Post a Comment