Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pictures from Louisiana

I've been able to procure some pictures from the trip that I made to Tony's in Louisiana that I didn't have before when I posted last month.

The first shows a few things...center frame you can see what looks like a road that's been washed away, and a sign facing it mentioning the wildlife preserve or no drag-net fishing. I like it because it shows human's futile attempts to conquer something as deceptively harsh as Louisiana bayou.



The next picture is something you might have to look closely at, for in the distance, left of center, an oil tanker is visible. This angle plays tricks with your brain, since all you can see is reedy grass and you extrapolate that it's grass off into the distance. But not in the patchy swamps in southern Louisiana.



The next two shots are of the "beach" of Calcasieu Lake, with the oyster shells instead of sand.





And, lastly, any group of pictures from that tiny trip to Sulphur (and closely beyond) wouldn't be complete without an entry in the "mystery mud" section.

1 comment:

  1. cute feet, I had to click on the picture to see the oil tanker... but I saw it once the picture was bigger. Cool shots.

    ReplyDelete