Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Ryan! (Late Again...)

At least this post wasn't as late as some of my other Ryan-birthday posts. Yesterday was the day, so, we're talking a single day.

My lagging with has nothing to do with my friendship with the man, just my own activities. So...eh...

Ryan and Jimmy Berlow and I went to an A's/Angels game down here in Anaheim a few weeks back, and I've been meaning to write about it but...you know...life and all. That game saw Angel pitcher C.J. Wilson pitch into the ninth inning while giving up only two hits. The A's rallied a bit after he was pulled, but they still lost.

It was great to go to a game with the boys, as the only other time I didn't drag Corrie to a game was a long night at Shea Stadium that ended with me riding the A-train all over the city. But, I did get the chance to wear a visiting team's jersey to a sporting event: Ryan brought his 1989 Dennis Eckersley jersey for me to wear (he wore his golden Reggie Jackson jersey, which was very nice).

Thanks, buddy! I know you had to work, but I hope your birthday was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment