Friday, May 13, 2011

Montana de Oro: The Beach

This post will appear before the un-subtitled "Montana de Oro" post, and I would like to say that that other post is the real deal. Not that this is something bad, it's just not the place that is embedded in my heart like the place from the that last post.

On this trip to Montana de Oro State Park, we went here, to the Beach, after we went to the tidal-pool areas.

My friends and I spent more time at the tidal-pool zone, and less time at the Beach in the Park, even though it is also beautiful.



I was planning on going to the end of this rocky formation when the washover tuned me back. I was already many feet away from shore, and if I'd fallen in, I would have been crushed on the rocks and likely killed.



I like this picture, since it shows the meeting of a freshwater creek as it flows into the ocean. The white crest is that threshold, with marine water on the left and fresh water on the right.



This beach had no sand per se, rather it was made of these tiny pebbles that look just like the rock bed that I had in my backyard as a kid, only in miniature form, strengthening the greater idea of patterns governing the universe.



There was an even larger rock formation right next to the one I hiked out onto, a building sized deal, and I was going to scale it. But there were little kids around, and I didn't want to set a bad example, and then I felt old.

It was then that we decided to go back to San Luis Obispo, a mere fifteen minutes away, with another unforgettable experience at Montanya de Oro in our life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment