Friday, May 6, 2011

Something Weird, Part Two

The name of this post is call back to this post, about a dream I had after turning off a game on our lappy. I made a point in the beginning of that post to state that I'd refused to relay dream sequences in this forum, and I also said why, but that that time, things were just too spooky.

You can read that post if you'd like to get the full story...I just did, and I was pleasantly surprised. I can also say I honestly recommend it, which I can't say about everything I've written.

In any case, I'm breaking tradition once again, as something spooky has made me share a dream with my small audience.

In the dream I was trying to have a conversation with my Auntie Erm, my closest great aunt and the sister of my late grandmother. We were talking about wine. As friends of mine from over the years began showing up at the house, our conversation began to get interrupted, and I was getting irritated. The last thing I remember hearing her say was, "You should check out Rolph's wine..."

Rolph? In the dream I might have said that, with a 'huh' attitude, but definitely when I woke up I muttered Rolph's to myself a few times.

The name stewed in my head for most of the day, until I had the chance to jump on a work computer and check out if there was such a thing. How wild, I thought, if there would be anything named Rolph, let alone wine.

It took Google a fraction of a second to give me address and phone number of a wine shop named Rolf's, a block from the intersection of the PCH and the 55, in Costa Mesa, les than four miles from where I work.



I was stunned. I knew I had to go there. They have a nice staff, and a great selection, and the next time I go, I'll plan it so we're at a crest in the bill wave-cycle for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment