Tuesday, August 23, 2011

From the Wince-Inducing Files (or) KAHNNNN!

Who remembers the creepiest scene in Star Trek 2? I'm not a trekkie, by any means, but at some point I do have a post about possibly one of the best hours of late night television I saw recently in the form of an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but I have, even if years ago, seen Star Trek 2: Wrath of Kahn. The creepiest scene is when Kahn, played by Ricardo Montalbaln, plants a control device in Chekov and someone else. This control device is a bug, like a grub or caterpillar that crawls into their ears and burrows into their brain.

The bug in the ear...(shudder)...still creepy.

Check out St. Louis yesterday. The St. Louis Cardinals were playing a baseball game against the LA Dodgers when a moth flew into the ear canal of St. Loo's star outfielder Matt Holliday, and got lodged. It wouldn't come out, so Matt Holliday did, out of the game I mean. They took him to a dark room in the stadium, pitch-black actually, and shined a tiny light near his ear in hopes of luring out the moth.

No good.

Eventually they settled on using some vaguely identified utensil to extract the still living moth from Holliday's ear.

I...I don't even...wow.

1 comment:

  1. Yes that was one creepy scene... in Star Trek Wrath of Kahn.. And totally creepy about the Moth ear issue... ewwwww

    ReplyDelete