Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First Solid Food for Norman

An event chronicled by my digital camera with a photograph taken by my wife, we see baby eating solid food, for the first time (David Attenborough impressions are hard to pull off in blog form):



Soon enough little man your Uncle Pat is gonna make you his famous Sexy Chicken with Roti sauce and have some ramps shipped out west, and after a few more meals, no food will ever impress you again. You'll be eight years old telling some waiter that This foie gras is overcooked, man, and You call this salmon? This is arctic Char fool, I can tell, and You're calling this a chiogga beet when it's obviously a golden beet, and This endive is undercooked...ahh, the priceless looks from confused servers makes it all the more necessary.

I'll thank your mamma and papa for letting the timing of your first solid food be a moment that your Auntie Corrie and I got to be a part of.

Thank you.

Also, Norman, when you can read and the following sentence makes sense you'll understand, but, uh, it gets better than rice meal and breast milk paste.

It definitely does.

1 comment:

  1. So when I come visit in November will I get to take you out to dinner or be treated to a home cooked meal? Either way as long as I get to spend time with you and Corrie... I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete