Wednesday, October 12, 2011

For some reason...

For some reason I have a photograph on my usually spic&span desktop. The icon's been smirking at me for too long. I think I moved it out of a folder deliberately and onto the desktop, or at least I have to tell myself that I did it on purpose. If not, then my world has no meaning.

But recently it's sole purpose seems to have been taunting me, since I can only really remember thinking "What the hell is that out here for?" and not any usual "Oh yeah, I need that for this".

Well in truth that last sentiment is misleading. I never have any photographs out on my desktop waiting to be used in blog posts.

Which is why this whole scenario is so confusing.

Wow. What a waste. Here's the damn picture already. I think it has a brother living in one of the lappys that I need to find.



Yeah...see, that picture lives on Corrie's lappy and not mine, not the one I've been using to post for almost the last year. Maybe that's why it's on my desktop. It has no home in my six gigs deep photo pholder--er, folder.

So, also, I'm stalling in a way. I'm thinking of writing out the Disney movie posts in Notepad and then copying and pasting them into the blog and post them all at once in a grotesque pop avalanche. I'm not sure why I'm as put off as I am about these particular posts. Part of me is sure they'll be boring as hell, but another part of me, the part that had decided to actually do the post, is sure that while boring, it may actually be fun to read.

I really just like to write stuff that I like to read. That's kind of how my fiction goes as well. And while I don't write this blog with the same method, style, and idea presentation as I would a piece of fiction, I nonetheless try to write stuff I'd enjoy reading. I've found countless times of just perusing some of my own archives I'll see a title and think WTF, then I'll read it and laugh heartily, or think about something I'd totally forgotten about and feel it in my body the way good writing's supposed to make you feel.

Also lately I've been reading some of an old friend's recent material. I'm not sure if he knows (I haven't yet brought it up), but already I can tell that this post was influenced by his stuff, which I find to be a great joy to read, and am saddened that I can't share it with you, my few readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment