Tuesday, April 10, 2012

On the Surfrider...

Currently heading north on the Amtrak Surfrider train to San Luis Obispo to meet up with old friends from New York who are out visiting. I guide them back tomorrow afternoon in their rental to the Southland.

I believe it's time to share some of the other projects I've started. I've mentioned that I have some other blogs going. I started a few other things to put up a little more focused posts. That might lead this forum and the Observatory to be more cerebral in the future, but what else would be new. (Typing on the train is almost as bad as penciling on the subway...)

So...the links:

This is my Sports blog, So-Cal Sports Visions.

This is our Travel blog, The Invading Blonde Giants.

This is my Cooking blog, Gonzo Cuisine.

Now they get a little weird. These last two might be my favorites. I call the first one my Library Blog. That's what I do: I take pictures of the books in my library and discuss from where I got them, what they mean to me, and what other purpose they serve. It's turned into somewhat of an autobiography of a man and his books.

This last one started out as a forum for me to do a specific project I'd been working on concerning the television show and cultural icon The Simpsons, but it has morphed into a little bit different thing concerning a wider array of cultural topics. Probably because the Simpsons thing is more time consuming that I originally thought, but the blog may prove to house some great future notions. Consider the movie Repo Man the mayor. I call it the Pop-Culture Wasteland.

So, I've finally slayed all of my idle free time and filled it with content creation. The sports blog is full of the most bland crap imaginable, but I am getting nearly twenty views a day without having posted it with sports blogs (which I'll do later). Actually I'm getting a slightly more "me" flavor over there.

The travel blog is really just so we can spread out view of the world to an unassuming few folks who're into travel blogs.

The Gonzo cuisine idea is based on a friend's own feeling about cooking with just the shit in your fridge and cupboards, and I think it can serve a varied audience.

The library blog started as an idea I was going to do for years, and finally just decided to break it apart from here and the Observatory, and the same goes for the Simpsons project.

Really all of these ideas for stories and articles and posts have been inside me for some time. The plan is coming together.

So here's a small novellas worth of content for my small and unassuming following. I wanted to wait to get some stuff up so readers could have something to do before I posted the links.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment