Monday, April 2, 2012

Post 800! (Between Here and the Observatory)

I consider this the 800th post of my combined caliboyinbrooklyn and caliboyobservatory, er, personalities.

Corrie is usually at a loss about how to describe the blog(s) to co-workers. "It's about Pat, and how he sees things in the world..." which is accurate enough, but if you don't know me, then who cares.

She's asked me before and I told her it's a cult of personality thing. That explanation didn't help, and then it dawned on me. When I was working on my Wednesday in Los Angeles project (that I'm still working on) I realized that the essence of the subtitle I finally centered on really explained what I do in these forums: anecdotal philosophy.

I told Corrie that when asked, she can tell people that what I do is anecdotal philosophy. That explanation is only marginally better, apparently.

In any case, it's because of the fun (for me) but mostly unfocused nature of these two blogs that I started a few other blogs. So, along with working on two book-projects, and my normal two blogs, I've put together a few other forums where the things I do there would make sense here, but separates them into more focused places.

I'm just generating lots of content right now.

I'll post some links later, after a few more posts. One covers sports, another home cooking, another the books in my library...Corrie and I even started a travel blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment