Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Quick Where'sGeorge Note

I had a post yesterday about the wheresgeorge.com currency-tracking website. Today I found a single I'd received as change from a bar where Corrie's cousin's band was playing over the weekend. The bar is on the Lower East Side and called the Cake Factory, and this particular bill had stamps for the website, as well as the serial number and series declaration circled, but all in all had less stamps than the original bill I wrote about.


I entered it into the sight and learned that I was the third person to enter it. The bill I got information on last time had traveled only 1.5 miles from the original entry point (whether or not it traveled farther cannot be known).


This second bill, received in Manhattan instead of Bed-Stuy, was originally entered somewhere in north-western Connecticut. Seven months later is was entered in a small town north-west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Eleven months later I entered it in Brooklyn.


Not quite a mad-tourist dollar, but it kinda got around in the last year-and-a-half.

No comments:

Post a Comment