Friday, September 4, 2009

One-Hundred-and-Fifty

I was tempted last week to try and add filler to boost my post totals up to get to 150 before August ended, but that didn't seem right.


150 strong and counting, I guess...maybe about 130 posts are actually content and not "I'll be on here soon" or "Hey Dan, how's it going?" (that could be done serviceably with a phone) or "So here's another milestone post or photograph..."


I've had some interesting job scenarios creeping out of the woodwork lately, which is nice, and which I'll keep anyone interested posted. I finally met the literary agent my New York friends kept telling me I needed to meet...we'll see how that develops. In my quest to finish off Thomas Pynchon's entire library of published material I've only got the short-story collection and the novel Mason&Dixon to go, which I aim to get my hands on this weekend.


My own writing has been going well. I like to think of my style being inside a unit-cube, with the axes being--instead of x-y-z--Pynchon-Denis Johnson-Haruki Murakami, and each piece falling in someplace closer to one axis or another, depending on the subject. Whatever. That's hard to explain...


Corrie's kicking ass and taking names still. I was lucky enough to venture to Egg Harbor, New Jersey just this week with her to a job site. This spot was far away, really, as far away in New Jersey as one could get. Her hours are complete and submitted (that is, her hours needed to start taking the licensing exams), and she's thinking about organizing some of our Architecture people into study groups.


Tuxedo has been doing his thing. Whining, mewing, spazzing, outsmarting us, begging for love and attention...and I'll end with a picture of Corrie and him...


Thanks for reading this far, everyone who does, I love all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment