Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Congratulations Corrie

With UConn winning the mens NCAA basketball tournament, Corrie has won my work pool and bracket picking contest. I'm very proud of her. It's the first time she's won anything like this.

It was all very exciting. I was keeping score of everyone's bracket sheets and Corrie was in third place, behind me in second and one of my managers in first. Pretty soon both my manager and I were tapped out, as in we had no more possible points left, while Corrie had leapfrogged me and was within striking distance of the whole enchilada.

The way we were scoring our brackets meant that for Corrie to win, UConn would have to get to the final game, and win the championship.

Emotionally I wanted Butler to win, but the brickfest they tossed up in the second half was ugly, and no one can, or should, win shooting like that.

UConn and Corrie, both winners yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH way to go Corrie!!!! while I don't follow basketball College or Pro's enough to make a bracket that would stand a chance, I do wonder and admire those who do it well!!

    ReplyDelete