Saturday, April 16, 2011

McNeil Post Office

Near where we lived in Austin, I once wrote about a Tuesday Afternoon drive and subsequent walk to explore a quarry and industrial plant.

Upon further investigation of the photographs, I noticed a building present in both day's set of pictures: the strange, old McNeil Post Office. Its signage said it was open for a few hours Monday, and that firearms were not allowed inside.

I'm still working on the history behind the placement of it...

This is the oldest picture, and it's the small white shop on the left. This was right after turning around and leaving the industrial plant's entrance.



This is a picture of where I got run off by the big dumptruck, and the post office is visible off on the right hand side.



After noticing these pictures, I made an effort to get over to the place an take a picture directly...my little Bandito Rojo is front and center...



Just putting the pieces together...

No comments:

Post a Comment