Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy 420

To all my current and erstwhile heads I wish a Happy 420!

On the drive home from work today I decided to take the Pacific Coast Highway, which, while moderately slower than my commute would have otherwise been, was breezy and beautiful.

This marks my first 420 back in California in five years. Back in 2006 we knew that we'd be leaving soon for New York, and we tried to make the most of it. I went to the beach early, and later we had to move Tux's babysitter Victor's stuff out of our shed.

It was foggy at the beach that morning, reminding me of my first 420 in the dorms, when at the stroke of midnight (it seemed) the marine layer of fog rolled down off the hills behind the parking lot, and our crew, sitting outside on the Stairs, just quietly nodded and accepted the sign.

But five years ago, at Avila Beach, I took this picture, which has been one of my most favorites since then:



Enjoy the day, Heads, in whatever way you feel like. It's our day.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a happy 420 this year... it's nice being away from a school where it is truly celebrated beyond reason...

    ReplyDelete