Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scottsdale: Driving West Part 2

My mother lives in Scottsdale, a wealthy enclave of the greater Phoenix area, and this was our destination for our second night. We left from Ft. Stockton (two hundred miles short of our original first night's destination of El Paso) at half past seven in the morning, and arrived at half past five in the afternoon, a twelve hour drive that crossed two time zones and landed us before dinner.

We ate at a nice restaurant named Floyd's, a spot I'll be taking Corrie when we go out to visit.

I took this picture of a random scary clown that my brother painted as a youngster. I think it's so spooky that it's great.



It was the first birthday (basically) I was able to be with my mom in many years, and she got a sign and some balloons:



This is the cool saguaro in her front yard. They don't start to grow their first arm until they're seventy-five years old. This one has a mama bird living inside with her chicks, dive bombing anyone who gets too close.



Here is a picture of Tuxedo and his two grandmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment