Monday, September 12, 2011

Honest Work

In my industry, a few years ago back in New York, we had a saying: "The hours are long and the work is hard, but at least the pay sucks".

I was riding my bike home from some errands with a few bags full of motor oil when I saw this:



I imagine that their hours are long, their work is hard, and I'm guessing their pay is not solely based on American money? Does think that make me a cynic?

This guy looks in danger:



But otherwise the rappels and tie lines are highlighted by the two-by-four anchors:



If they noticed me taking pictures, they didn't say anything. I've learned that bushy-topped white guys with cameras taking pictures of construction sites don't invoke tons of sympathy or good-will.

Oh well, that's just a part of the life of a blogging enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment