Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy September

It's not so much that I've been lagging with this site, but the other day I was off of work and had cooked up a few pretty cool posts, or a least had some new kernels to work out into good, solid posts, but I chose to wait. I didn't want to use up some good material in August, rather, I saved it for September.

I didn't save it because it's essentially September-type material, I saved it because I'm keeping to a quota this year on monthly minimum posts, and don't like the stress of worrying how I was going to make it to that unspoken minimum. While I won't specify here what that minimum is, I can assure anyone curious that I've reached it every month. Some months I'm nervous, unduly it always turns out. June I was almost there by the sixth day (or something; I exaggerate, but that was the feeling I had that month).

But here it's already September, and the weather in Southern California is getting cold, or rather, "cold". When I got off work within sight of 1 AM, it was probably 68 instead of 78. I thought it felt nice.

Joe and Kelly are getting married this weekend at the Mission in San Luis Obispo. We're attending, and it will be our second wedding at that historic venue. We're hoping our night after this trip to a mission-wedding will turn out better than our last (see: Great Oceanaire Bed Inferno).

I'll have some posts about their shindig, seeing everyone again (Tony's the best man!), and then doing our own thing in Cayucos. See, we're trying to do the SLO trip where we can do it our way and on our terms. Don't get me wrong, more than half of my best friends in the world will be there this weekend, but we feel too old to be sleeping on people's foldout couches. I also have some posts about things that appear on television, things that can be drank, meta-posts about posting, and even a post about possibly the most badass animal around today. I'll probably also have a baseball post or two (you know me).

When, at some crazy time in the future, I'm ready to edit this caliboyinbrooklyn blog into a book format, a handful of my 580+ (as of now) posts are preview things or quick missives about why it's taking me so long, or some such thing ("I'm Back!" "We're going away!" "Sorry I've been lagging..."). This post will stand out as probably the longest preview-explanation-time-waster of them all.

It might even make the final cut, because of the rampant ridiculous self-reference.

If this were a category, the best entry I can think of is from last year's 4th of July post, Blogger Breaks Silence!. I worked the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th of July, and then got ditched by everybody on the 4th when I had no work. All in all it was a kinda lame off day, but early that day I made it back to the Dwyce house to type out the post about the hot-dog eating contest at Nathan's on Coney Island.

It still makes me laugh and cringe, which means to me that the post has some kind of power.

All right. This has gone on quite long enough...

1 comment:

  1. While I have not commented on the previous post where you ended with ball player fish names... I did read and enjoy... and yes I would be worried if you didn't post some baseball stuff as the season winds down to the playoffs....

    ReplyDelete