Friday, October 19, 2012

All Mid-West Fall Classic?

The "Fall Classic" is the World Series, and this year, with Detroit ousting the Yankees, the East Coast is done, and with the Cardinals on the verge of ousting the Giants, the West Coast may be following suit soon enough.

Coastal baseball is regularly shoved in the faces of the public. Like the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry, or the Dodgers/Giants rivalry. The mid-west isn't totally unrecognized in the rivalry department, as one of the most heated rivalries in the game are the Cubbies/Cardinals.

The World Series last year sported two non-coastal cities: St. Louis and Dallas.

If the Cardinals beat the Giants, then I'll root for Detroit. I think that city can use something like that. I'll root for the Giants otherwise, which is blasphemous is my household growing up, but...meh...I like San Francisco the city, and if they win a major sporting championship, that's fine by me.

I don't want to talk anymore about the Yankees just yet...I wrote about it over here a little bit. Ug-guh-lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment