Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Now It's Your Problem, Dickhead"

I mentioned a few times during the posts about riding our bikes to the Tar Pits that afterward sidewalk grilling we rode over to the old art-house theater--fancifully named the Art Theater--and watching Argo, which was pretty good. Being pretty well twisted on the ride over there (less than a mile down 3rd, and then up to 4th at Cherry) I was enjoying the visceral fact of it all: we could just ride down to an independent theater and watch a movie. Just like the Palm Theater, only farther.

I mentioned it a few times not because I liked the theater or the movie that much, but because some asshole cut the lock off our bikes and stole my fucking bike. For the second time. But left Corrie's. Which is great and surprising. If you could easily steal a vintage Ferrari or a lemon Caravan, being that they were right next to each other, what would you go for?

My fucking leg-breaking bike. My pain-in-my-ass creaky but regularly-complimented bike. I never understood how people loved my bike as much as they said...it was okay looking, I guess. Some jerkass doesn't know just what they've got.

Maybe it does looks kinda cool...


But, we didn't call it the "Death Bike" for no reason.

Now, while part of me isn't so upset that that shitty bike is no longer in my possession, I don't like having my personal belongings violated and taken from me. This bike, though, is Bad Karma with a capital Brooklyn (BK).

I wasn't about to take this sitting down.

I put that photograph above to good use. I designed a poster to paper the neighborhood where it happened, calling out the poor bastard who jacked it:


"This bike was stolen from Cherry and 4th on Sat, October 20th. It broke my femur. Now it's your problem, Dickhead" is what the paper says. I went out under cover of darkness and posted almost half my stock:


I was trying to shame the thief, and make it obvious that this "cool" orange bike was a stolen commodity. There were never any other types of this cheap Chinese made bicycle I'd seen, making it pretty unique.

I went back a few days later, some of the posters are still there.


Dumbass. Dickhead. A pox on thee....but I didn't even have to call it. It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment