Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Day: Big Hauls for Corrie and Dan

Corrie made out pretty good in gifts, only because she wanted only a few things and happened to get them all. My brother Dan, on the other hand, got a hand, so to say.

I was sitting on a couch late on the 25th, between my mom and my wife Corrie, talking with them and my buddy Norm, who was sitting across the coffee table from us and next to his wife, Holly, on a couch. We had been deep in some conversation, laughing and gesturing as we are wont, when almost simultaneously Norm and I looked (me to my left and he to his right) down to Dan, who had been sitting in a chair next to his girlfriend Lupita but now was no longer seated, but now was on one knee with a really nice shiny wooden box and a big grin on his face. Lupita was crying, Corrie was talking and I had her notice what was happening right over there. Soon she joined Lupita and Holly with teary eyes, and Norm and I congratulated Dan with hugs because Lupita said what we were all pretty sure she'd say.

Love you 'Pita. Welcome to the Family, sis.

1 comment:

  1. That was a magical moment... Thanks for getting the ONLY picture.... and we all had cameras... thanks for being the only one thinking and capturing the moment... and yes, Welcome Pita to the family...

    ReplyDelete