Monday, January 10, 2011

Hanging on the Wall

When we arrived at my Auntie Peg and Uncle Dan's in Santa Monica for the winter fest holiday, I saw a child's crayon drawing of Santa Claus on the wall. I thought it looked kinda cool, and ascribed it to either Mike or Liz, my cousins whose parents live there.

Later I was informed that it was a drawing that I had made as a very little boy, and that they put it up most Christmases. Upon hearing that I knew I needed to take a picture and put it up here. I almost changed my profile picture here to the drawing.



My sister-in-law has a childhood drawing of hers laminated and on a wall in our apartment here, much to her horror and embarassment everytime she sees it. You shouldn't feel that way about kiddie artifacts. They become more important the older you get.

1 comment:

  1. I took a picture of this and had it made into a poster if you'd like a 16x20 print I can have one made and sent to you.

    I love your name hidden in Santa's hat band...

    ReplyDelete