Monday, January 17, 2011

My New Hero: A Swiss Banker

What would be the chances that I would ever pick any banker as a hero?

Rudolf Elmer is the Swiss banker at the center of another Wikileaks controversy. This leak is a list of many famous actors' and politicians' financial records that show how they evade taxes, as often as possible, as much as possible. The person with access to this sensitive information, the person who handed it over to Wikileaks, is this Swiss banker, Rudolf Elmer.

When I heard this, I laughed, and said to myself that I like this guy Elmer. When you try and hide your cheating ways from authorities that all of us regular people deal with annually by utilizing foreign banks, I guess you never expect an avenging angel to spill your secrets to to the world.

That alone wasn't quite enough to put old Rudy up there for me. When I heard that he had been fired in 2002 from his position at a different bank in Switzerland for doing exactly the same thing, releasing sensitive information about tax cheats, that's when he became one of my new heros.

That's consistency, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment