Friday, May 8, 2009

Congratulations Corrie!

Corrie kicked ass on her LEED exam this Friday, and is now a LEED accredited professional!

She and I had spent the past week studying, and it paid off. She would study the paperwork while riding the train to and from work and I would make notes during the day based on the flash-cards she'd been given to study. At night over dinner we would talk over the different topics and she would teach me the reasons and contexts of the breakdowns on the flash-cards.

After some of the practice tests had demonstrable errors in the phrasing of some of the questions and their respective multiple choice answers, a faint sense of agita began to creep into the study area. What if the actual test was this typo ridden and full of implications contrary to the provided study guide? I knew the material at least well enough to know when a particular question was fraudulent essentially.

Through teaching me all about accrediting a newly constructed structure or the renovation of an existing one, Corrie proved her knowledge was so ingrained that poorly written questions were not going to foil her.

She got her results after finishing the exit survey, and, being the last person to leave, the lady handing her the paperwork allowed herself some levity, saying something like, "I can't give these to you until I see you smile. You passed." 

Corrie did some cartwheels right in the lobby...

I am so very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment