Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Congratulations Sonia Sotomayor

It's been a productive and inspiring month for the New York Latino crowd. First, the Jets picked Mark Sanchez with their first pick in the NFL draft, in the hopes of bringing a fresh face to the franchise and sell some PSLs. Then Prez Obama picks Sonia Sotomayor for Supreme Court Justice.

The pride of the Bronx, Sotomayor grew up in a housing project in the So. Bronx, with a life story nearly as compelling as Obama's. In an earlier post I said that I wasn't a Republican, but to be honest, I'm not a Democrat either, but my views tend to lead me to vote much more often with Democrats, and I do support most of Obama's decisions. This nomination is no exception, especially since it's a shrewd move on his part.

Also, nearly related, not that anyone knows or cares, but I eventually skipped the Karl Rove protest last night...I had domestic things to take care of.

1 comment:

  1. While I'm sure the Karl Rove protest would have been interesting... I'm glad you had other things to do....

    ReplyDelete