Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Note for my nerdy Numismatic Friends

I always thought it was spelled "pneumismatic"...

That means something like a coin collector. I may be well versed in counter-culture, and international traveling, but I also collected coins and comic books, so I have some definite nerdy tendencies...

In any case, Corrie and I recently finished our 50 state coin collections, two to be exact, so we're responsible for taking twenty-five bucks of currency out of circulation. But I do like the fact we were able to finish the set by simply checking laundry change and the like over the last ten years.

Already I've picked up two-each of the first two from 2009, the US territories (Washington DC and Puerto Rico), and I'll be keeping my eye out for the rest. Here's a picture of what they look like:

Apparently starting in 2010 there will be another ten-year fifty-coin issue series about national parks, or, in the case of Delaware (which has no national park) a federally maintained national area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment