Wednesday, February 23, 2011

400th Post

CD baby! In case you're curious, that's Roman numerals...

This is my four-hundredth post, and I have to say I'm glad to have been at it for "so long", even though it doesn't really feel like almost two years.

The first two-fifty or so were from the "California Child Back East" title, about anecdotes and news and weird crap from the streets of Brooklyn and New York...even some crap that would interest me when I couldn't sleep. That was the large majority of the 2009 year.

The title then changed to its current iteration of "A California Child Deep in Texas", only because "...in the Heart of..." wouldn't fit. We'd moved from Brooklyn to Austin. 2010 was a year devoted to Texas and observations Texan.

In 2011 another move will be made, and the title will change again. I know where the move will be headed, but not necessarily to what I'll change the name.

For the record, though, caliboyinbrooklyn is coming home, soon to be just caliboy. The odyssey is ending. The odyssey is just beginning.

Having lived far away from what I consider my roots--some notion of homeland anyway--has taught me a few things. One of the last things I picked up in Brooklyn was to savor the visceral experience. That's what life is, frankly, a series of visceral experiences, and going places and doing things is the only way to make that happen. I know that now, even though it's been hard working two jobs.

Yesterday, though, on my Tuesday Afternoon, I went on a long walk to a quarry and was unceremoniously, uh, chased away by a gigantic dumptruck I thought would splatter my pedestrian ass, but that's for another post.

Thanks for sticking with me. I've been toying with a new direction for my photo contest, and have a few more photo-centric posts about some other cool local stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Happy CD post!! and thanks for explaining to your math retarded mother what that meant.

    ReplyDelete