Thursday, February 24, 2011

Japanese Tea Garden

The Zilker Botanical Garden has a pair of other displays going on year round, and this particular area, known as the Japanese Tea Garden, was in bloom, and was quietly spectacular and serene.

It was constructed by an older Japanese man, Taniguchi, who, in the late sixties, moved from Japan to Austin to be near his son. He made friends through his donations, and eventually convinced the honchos at Zilker to let him design an oasis and share some Eastern heritage with central Texas.

The first few shots are nice mood setter photos. It looks like, feels like, smells like, and sounds like anything you could imagine being called a "Japanese Tea Garden" .







This is a cool bamboo walkway. I like bamboo. I've never had to try and eradicate from property I owned, which I hear is nigh impossible...



Here I am out on a stepping stone walkway over a pond.

1 comment:

  1. If you ever get back to Scottsdale with time to spare I can take you to our Tea garden it to is lovely and peaceful

    ReplyDelete