Saturday, February 19, 2011

Interesting Sight In Wilco

"Wilco" is a contraction of "Wiliamson County", the county just to the north of Austin and Austin's Travis County. Round Rock is in Wilco. I hear cops are bad in Wilco, similiar to stories I've heard about Roseville cops in Citrus Heights or the border areas.

Also, I think this interesting sight may be just inside the border in Travis Co.

I call my morning job a "morning" job because I, well, work in the morning, but the time that I leave for the job isn't day-break dark-and-light outside; it's nighttime. The job takes place in the morning, but I leave at night.

Since moving into our new apartment last Septmber, I've had the welcomed change of a different driving route. I noticed this "interesting sight" on that first drive:



Oh man, hovering, trying to steal cattle, maybe...Every day I go to work, this guy pops up out of the darkness at precisely the same moment. Playing with my camera's ISO numbers (the abiliy to let in more light when it's dark) yielded a little more of the outline:



While you know what it is when you see it everyday, it is remarkable how much it looks like a UFO everyday. At least a flying saucer stereotype. Here it is in the dayime, just to ruin the spell. While I may see it everyday at night, I see it everyday in daylight as well.

1 comment:

  1. looks cooler at night... at least that's my opinion...

    ReplyDelete