Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Citrus Heights Movie Salvage

I think I've finally finished the movies salvaged from Dan's house up north. Here's a picture of the bin with the films:



I've written about a few of them. Personal Velocity was one I'd never heard of before putting it in and pressing play. The copy was one of the "For Your Considerations" that we obtained through certain means--a copy given to members of the Academy, the Oscar voters. These are usually bare-bones copies with only the movie on the disc and no art on the case. If you've never heard of the film, you should be in for a surprise.

Personal Velocity is a collection of three nearly half-hour vignettes about women in various areas of New York; one in the city proper (Parker Posey), one upstate (Kyra Sedgewick), and one straddling the City and Upstate (dunno). It was indie and well made, but more like a series of long-form shorts.

Small Time Crooks wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Better, I guess, but I appreciate the "Woody Allen" thing more when he plays a smarter guy.

I'll probably discuss some of these other movies in greater length as my attention gets to them (like Amadeus). For now, though, I've pretty much watched them all (I turned off The Phantom from Space even though they mentioned Morro Bay for a second in the opening moments; it was like that).

No comments:

Post a Comment