Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Movember? Really?

For some reason that space background I used during October was starting to get to me.

There were a few posts that I never got to that I planned on having for October. They'll be up at some point. I'm sure my few readers are as excited as I am.

We're leaving in a few days for a nice weekend alone together upstate, and by "upstate" I mean "way up in a state that spoons with Canada". We're heading to Seattle to get a few days before my job gets too busy to get time off...a little taste of vacation before we get to our bigger trip in February.

I had a filling done at the dentist on Halloween. If you've had this rather usual and unsurprising procedure, then you'll be familiar with the high-pitch drill bit they use. You sit, the local anesthetic working like a charm, listening to that buzzing sound and maybe smell some smoke, that enamel-burning smell. As my lady dentist was working that little drill, she paused, adjusted herself, and to my surprise, had obtained a different drill. Not the high-pitched drill I'm used to.

This was a drilling-to-the-center-of-the-Earth drill. Oh, man, it'll be with me for a while, that thing rattling all the bones under my skin, causing me to jerk uncontrollably. I can still feel it...hear it...oh man, I'm flossing every damn day...

Also, the title of this post is not a typo. "Movember" is a movement where gentleman grow mustaches to raise awareness and money for prostate cancer research and men's health in general, and since I've grown a beard to fit in better with the locals in Seatts, I think I'll shave it down to 'stache, and join the fun.

I'll post the link later for anyone wanting to donate. That's kinda the point for their website, but not so much for me. I guess I'm only really going to solicit financial involvement from my few readers when the thing on the line is something I've written, like a book. I'm really just trying to show my solidarity in the fight against butt cancer.

Well, prostate cancer, anyway.

The spelling of "Movember" comes from the Aussie spelling of "moustache."

By the start of December, I'm hoping to rock a Nietzsche 'stache. That or a Wyatt Earp. I'm not sure if that's enough time, though. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. So will your 'stache be bigger than Norm's? He has a pretty awesome cookie crumb catcher...

    Look forward to pictures of the stache and your not yet posted blogs....

    Not to mention the Dodgers may be up for SALE!!!! the sad end to this story may be turning the corner...A sense of pride in the Blue may be returning...

    ReplyDelete