Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Foggy Morning

The picture I have posted above in the "Pages" section, the Courting Cormorants page, was taken one morning when it was foggy and I was out with my bike and camera. I went to the beach to try and capture some cool scenes of nature...and fog.

Those cormorants were a cool little scene I got to witness. Another set of modern dinosaurs up at the beach are the poppa-bears of the birds: the pelicans. It's pretty cool watching as they circle and dive bomb fish. If you have a tripod, time, and patience, you'll be able to capture some very cool pictures.

It turned out that the ultimate grayness of the day made the splashes of the diving pelicans wash out into the background. While my camera isn't quite super high-speed, I was able to get this picture, where on the left side the moment before a pelican hits the water was captured:



Here's a gull scoping me with one of the oil islands in the fog off shore in the background:



Neither of these are as dynamic as my best "foggy beach" photo:



This is the second time this image has graced this website. I have a prize coming to the person who can accurately place the post in which this picture showed up initially.

4 comments:

  1. I would guess it was on 4/20 post, but i could not locate it in Archives. so i am not sure of the correct name for it. That was the first post I read on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, nailed it, the "Happy 420" post from this year. Nice memory. Contact me sometime for details on the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bad. Contact info:

    caliboyinbrooklyn(at)gmail(dot)com

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Liene won!!!!! I can bring the prize back to her when I see you this coming week... I'll see her Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete