Thursday, November 10, 2011

Things to See in the Northwest's Biggest Downtown

This post will have a series of pictures consisting of neat things we saw in Seattle's downtown, and will, like the preceding posts, be void of critical commentary. I think I've decided to make these photo posts heavy on imagery and light on discussion, saving that for later.

That was probably unnecessary, as anyone reading will figure it out.

So...

They hang cool things from the corners of their buildings. Here's a killer whale:



And a facsimile of the Space Needle:



They also have some weird and dynamic buildings. Here's a picture of Rem Koolhaas' public library:



Here's some weird building that I don't even know what it is. I took a lot of pictures of it, though:



They have their own stenciled drain warnings, something I seem to be interested in:



This last picture I took during probably the worst-idea episode I brought on myself during our stay. We'd gone to bed so early on our last night, Sunday, to be able to get up early enough on Monday morning to get to Pikes Place as well as another neighborhood we didn't make it to. But, I'm so used to short sleeping stints, that I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. After an hour and a half of tossing and turning, I got dressed and decided to go on a late night walk over to the Space Needle.

I got a few blocks and decided that this had been a good old-fashioned Bad Idea. The only picture that I took during the walk that really came out was this one, looking back towards the our hotel area (Hotel Max not visible):



After the walk I was able to get to sleep for a quick time, and felt good and refreshed before we took off for Pikes Place Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment