Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pikes Place Market

Damn. How many pictures have I posted with a visible Space Needle? I guess it is an icon. Just as Pikes Place Market is, although a less visually famous icon:



The fish mongers get set up early at Pikes Place, and are mostly done by the time the vegetable folks are getting ready. We got there early, since we were leaving later and had to see what we could and then use the light-rail to get to the airport. Public transportation and making flights makes even the biggest of laggers (me and Corrie) cautious.

We saw some crab and shellfish being set up:



We saw a deal I wanted to share with Norm and my cousin Mike (five giant dungeness crabs for $195!):



They had some nice romesco (AKA broccoliflower):



I haven't seen any romesco since leaving the east coast.

Eating a quick breakfast at a diner looking over the water I caught the sight of a ferry returning (the left side) and one venturing off (on the right), two peas in one company's pod:



Here's an anarchist bookstore, Leftbank Books that was recommended by my cousin Liz, but it was closed for us:



Corrie's pictures from the market are superior to mine, but that's true about all of her pictures, but she has a much nicer camera and is an actual photographer, as compared with my picture-taker status.

No comments:

Post a Comment