Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Past Sunday for Football

This is a minor note about having an enjoyable day watching football last Sunday.

While we were in Seattle this most recent Sunday (a series of posts are coming), which would make any day enjoyable, we spent a few hours watching some games with old friends from Upstate New York who are die-hard Jets fans. While I may not be a die-hard fan, I was partially converted to Jets fandom, so I follow them and root for them as well.

They won an division game against the Buffalo Bills. Then my "true" team, the Giants, went on to beat the Patriots (which helps the Jets). One of my adopted teams, the Packers, stayed undefeated in beating the Chargers, and probably my newest adopted team, the Ravens, went ahead and beat the Steelers, which is a double-whammy for me. The Ravens won and the Steelers lost (something I began rooting for when I realized how little I care for their QB, Rothelisberger).

Then, not on Sunday but rather on Monday, the Bears beat the Eagles, which is good for the Giants and anyone who particularly hates the Eagles (I like seeing them lose and not play well, but I don't have a hate for them like I do with the Cowboys). Now, if the Cowboys had lost, it would have been a spectacular football weekend.

That, and if there had never been any news coming out of Central Pennsylvania...

No comments:

Post a Comment