Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting Back to Things

I've been busy with some things, and not on-top of my blogging last week, after the long entries of the trip to the midwest. I hope everyone's well, and I'd like to those who read this to know I'm well as well.


That sounds kinda ridiculous...


But, I did finish Vineland, which I recommend to anyone looking for a cool beginner Pynchon book, full of his quirky characters, plot-lines, dialogue...hell, it even has a brief scene of a Godzilla-like character, so it must be crazy. I started an old copy of Hunter Thompson's Hells Angels, a quick and enjoyable read about the Bay Area in 1965 and '66, and one scene reminds all of us HST fans why we love him so: 


"For reasons that were never made clear, I blew out my back windows with five blasts of a 12-gauge shotgun, followed moments later by six rounds from a .44 Magnum."(Page 68)

No comments:

Post a Comment