Monday, June 22, 2009

Ode to the Midwest Series

Starting tomorrow, I'll be posting a series of escapades and observations concerning travels to the Midwest. I'd like to thank Joey for the hospitality in letting us stay in a swanky Chicago high-rise; Joey and Corrie for showing me around Chicago; and Keren for inviting us out to Marathon City to her Wisconsin wedding reception. Congratulations Keren and Andy!


In the few essays and anecdotes to follow, Corrie and I try out Madison's Mexican food, become experts in Wisconsin state routes, defend Brooklyn's honor against Bostonians in a game of skill, and sweat our way through a river tour of the biggest city ever named for one of my favorite vegetables: ramps.


Also, thank you to everyone who wished us a Happy Anniversary...that was unexpected and totally appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment