Friday, June 12, 2009

Key Foods Confrontation

I went to the Key Foods grocery store, but I didn't make a scene; that's not really my style. I grabbed some items, and only half were mis-priced. I told the check-out girl (doubt it's a union store) I wasn't interested in buying them, that they were mis-marked in price, and that I'd like to see a manager.

We spoke for a while about the seemingly habitual mis-priced things, and he told me about the computer being updated Fridays...sometimes not everything gets done properly...

I told him that I wished I could believe that, which wasn't entirely genuine, and left in quiet tranquility.

I sent a well reasoned, wholly literate complaint email to the apparent-franchise HQ, using a separate email address, so I don't get a load of advertisement garbage in my usual in-box.

So speaketh Der Racketenmensch, the fighter for three-penny justice.

1 comment:

  1. As one who has made scenes and they rarely work, well if you are in a crowded Montgomery Wards with smallish children in tow and they sold you 4 bad tires 8 weeks earlier and each one exploded on the road and they will refund you ONLY for the tires you have with you.... the scene worked... I was fully reimbursed for all 4 tires at full cost after I loudly pronouced that they almost killed my precious children.... Generally the quiet mention and then going up the chain till you get someone's ear works much better... (well unless you have two beautiful blondish children with you)

    ReplyDelete