Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Harrison Farm: Cool Junkyard

Like any good farm, the Harrison Farm has its share of machinery that can't be used again, but isn't really able to be disposed of using normal means. In this case, like many others, there is a spot on the premises that acts as a junkyard.

The photographic opportunities were abundant, since rusted out machinery being overtaken by golden grasses is a cool aesthetic for me. I like the idea that the Earth will always come out victorious...that if the time scale is lengthened enough, nature always wins.

These are some of the cool angles, cool gins, as they were, and neat color compositions I put together just for this post, if you can believe it...



This next one has a circle/rust/green/grass motif that is as inspiring as it is baffling...





Here's a boat...go figure...





I might put some up later, I like them so much...

1 comment:

  1. a boat? any river/stream near by? I love old farm equipment, any of it salvageable? I agree these are great pictures.

    ReplyDelete