Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Like my Crow Rare...

So, my LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds lost to a very talented UNC team. It might have been the only game so far to have a school exceed a hundred points, as the Tarheels topped the century mark.

At one point I found myself cursing the television off in the corner of my job, when my boys from the BK were down by a bunch. Then I'd do something, check again, see that momentum had shifted, my Blackbirds had gone on a 9-1 run, and clawed back into the game. That was in the first half, of course.

I'll still root them on when I can from now on.

I had to sit by and watch the pinche Gauchos play in the tournament. At least they lost. The Gauchos are the mascot of my college, the Cal Poly Mustangs', main rivals, UC Santa Barbara. I usually root for Pac-10 (soon to be Pac-12) teams, and generally any college team from the west. UCSB is not on that list...

1 comment:

  1. I normally pay no attention to March Madness other than it means Opening Day is getting closer. But having Guests who were KU Jayhawk fans kept me interested for the first few rounds, hope the crow is tasty.. <:)

    ReplyDelete