Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Return to Right Field

Just recently I was able to join my job's softball team, and made a triumphant return to right field.

On the night, I went 3 for 4, had an RBI and scored twice. In right field I made a putout, calling off the backward fading first and second basemen, and made no errors.

At one point, I was tagged out between second and third, on what was a broken force play, and went flying through the air, landing on my right calf. I didn't think that was even possible, to land on one's calf. I was trying to dodge his tag while staying within the basepaths. In the end, we were just two guys probably playing too hard for Teusday night softball, laughing it off all the same.

All of us playing too hard, though, and we won by thirteen, 19-6.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like lots of fun glad you are able to play softball with friends.

    ReplyDelete