Thursday, June 9, 2011

Minor Changes

This will only effect people who view this site using mobile devices (like me in moments of waiting to go home). I've enabled the site's mobile device setting. I'll check and see if there are any bugs or hiccups because of it.

My good friend Ryan graduates this Saturday, and we are all very excited. He was telling me how he's the only student in one of his classes who gets his teacher's references to the Bash Brothers, Alf, and Ren and Stimpy...Carney Lansford, Dave Stewart and Pervis Ellison, while lost on even people our age, are references caught by Ryan. The class is on sports biophysics.

In a third totally unrelated topic, Corrie and I are currently trudging a box of DVDs that we liberated from my brother's house up north, and we just subjected ourselves to Titan A.E. It wasn't that bad, and it has inspired me to complete a post I'd started in my head a while back about Don Bluth.

After watching 1975's Rollerball, another Sacto Salvage DVD, I can say that I liked the message, even if I found the film dull. The tension wasn't there. I can handle movies with a specific pace (generally complained about as "slow"), but Rollerball didn't create the tension that should go along with the pace. The violence, though, was mostly portrayed in an ugly manner in a concerted attempt to not glorify it. That did work.

No comments:

Post a Comment