Monday, June 13, 2011

Two if by Car

I'll have to find out the real meaning of that phrase. Today I have a pair of photos I took from the Passat on our trip to see Ryan and celebrate with him his graduation from Cal Poly. He exhibited what Seymour Skinner calls "great stick-to-it-ive-ness".

The first in from 101, between Ventura and Santa Barbara, near the beach hamlet of Seacliff. The picture makes me think of a map, a map of the US, as in it's the edge of the continent. I also like the fog rolling in over the top, mostly obscuring it.



The second is from Highway 1, on the road to Morro Bay. We got to the park but didn't have the requisite three bucks to get in, so we went to Morro Bay to get some cash. This hill is one of the seven morros, the string of volcanic pimples that line the valley where San Luis Obispo exists, ending in the "Gibraltar of the West".

No comments:

Post a Comment